Server Maintenance This Week. ×

value lists using related field problem

This topic is 6061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

:B I've just opened a database I created with FMP8 in FMP9. I have a window that uses some conditional menus one of which contains a value lists created with related fields. For the global field that references the "from field" value list I'm getting . This pulls values correctly in FMP 7 & 8. To make matters more complex, I repeatedly looked at how the value list was defined and how the relationships were set up. At one point the value list did show. When I opened and closed the database I again got . HELP!

The plot thickens... I know how I got the value list to behave correctly. In the Specify Fields for Value Lists dialog box, in the original database "Include only related values starting from: goal_bank 2" was selected. goal_bank 2 being a TO involved in the relationship. I switched the radio button to "Include all values" and all showed in the drop down menu. I then switched back to Include only related values... and it too worked. I opened and closed the database and again. This has to be a FMP9 glitch!

This topic is 6061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.