Bug In 8.5 Privileges?

Awl

This topic is 6004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

So, we have a FileMaker database that handles access to individual records via a simple calculation, like Module::ID = "DCP". To clarify, there's a variety of records that relate to a single Module record that has an ID. Users have access to different records depending on whether that record is related to the Module that they have access to. Sometimes this relationship is indirect.

It seems to be the case that if someone logs in to Account A that has access to one subset of records, and does a search for records that only Account B has access to, it (obviously) doesn't return those records. The problem is that if someone then logs in to Account B, they have lost access to those records! The only way I have found to fix this is for someone to log into a full-access account and force the relationships to the Module record to be recalculated by "replacing" the contents of the field that controls the relationship with the same content.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening before? And can anyone make suggestions of where to look for a possible cause of or solution to this problem?

• Newbies

Sorry, I didn't explain well. We are using Record Level Access through the Define Accounts & Privileges. We're using calculations of the form Module::ID = "DCP" to control record level access. Record level access is controlled on a module by module basis, and all non-module records control their access by which module they're related to. Does that make more sense of my question?

Sort of.

I have never seen a case where a user with one set of RLA privileges who does a find causes another user with a different set of RLA privileges to not be able to see records the second user is supposed to be able to access.

Something else is going on here.

Steven

This topic is 6004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.