Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Print Scaling not really working?

This topic is 5590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I upgraded a person's machine from 8 to version 9 standard. Now when she prints just about any layout in that file it's cutoff. If she goes and changes the graphic scaling in the printer like we've done for many years, it really doesn't seem to matter what we set it to, it cuts off in the same place. (Shows in preview this way).

I brought the file to my machine runnnig 9 Advanced and same issue.

Doesn't matter if I change printers, Adobe, etc., same issue.

Not sure where to start? Suggestions?

• Newbies

Same thing, here.

I tested a sample script switching from 100% to 75%. I doesn't work on 8.5 and 9, but it works on 8.0v2.

Very strangely, I tried to test the scripts created on 8.0v2 under 8.5 and they seem to work. Anyone can confirm? If so, it could be a workaround...

Well ... I'll just have to do a FileMaker support call to see if they can shed light/workaround. I need to halt v9 going out to ~300 people as I'm just not up to supporting that! ;-)

Note to self:Design print layouts to 100%

Cool. Just got off with FileMaker support.

This is the EXPECTED behaviour of FileMaker/Print drivers.?!?!?

It's just taking the content that's available at 100% and reducing JUST THAT CONTENT, no matter if there's items on the page that would fit after the other content is scaled.

He went on to say that this is the expected behaviour of version 7 as well.

I guess I've been 'dreaming' that it's worked this way right from version 3 to version 8 that I've worked with.

Waisted call. Either they've changed something or I've been smoking something I shouldn't.

I guess I won't be upgrading to version 9 any time soon as the amount of work this will entail has increased 100 fold.

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

If you go into layout mode and change the margins to "fixed", then things work just fine on Windows. Even Save Records as PDF uses the print scaling settings.

btw - I believe you must be using a postscript driver for this to work. If your printer doesn't support postscript, you can always add an Apple Laserwriter printer driver that outputs to a file (just to make the "printer" available in FileMaker) and then use the Save as PDF function in FileMaker to get a printable document.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.