Server 9 Upgrade

This topic is 6004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

The IT department are putting pressure on me to upgrade to Server 9 during the Christmas holidays. We are currently running 8.v4 and all of our users are on PC'S with the server software on a Windows 2003. We use AD external authentication, odbc, iwp, and we have approximately 220 users, with around 120 databases on server 1, and 80 databases on server 2.

Can any of you give me tips on what to look out for in terms of bugs, inconsistencies when you upgrade. Im quite keen to get php working in our organisation.

You should be pretty good to go. Be sure that the server machine is running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2.

Take a look at the ReadMe that comes with Server 9.

Server 9 is very different than Server 8 in terms of its administration. Be sure the server admins and the DBA's review this carefully,

Do you have some specific questions? If so, please post back here.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded with no issues. Version 9 is a major improvement even over Version 8. The only problem I had was setting the correct number of hosted files on the server, as by default it was not a very high number. If you have any apps that need the ldap, you have to set that backup manually. Version 9 is pretty awesome, and I'm really enjoying it.

This topic is 6004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.