Charting Data in Excel

This topic is 8614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is the situation.

I need to chart some data from FMP5 and I prefer to use Excel. I have purchased x2Max's plugin and it works OK but doesn't give my client enough flexibility ie. it only takes numbers, not dates, as data and there for the labels on the bottom of the screen don't always line up rigt, as well, it can't print higher than 72 dpi. What do you get for $380 these days?

Anyway, I would like to have an Excel SS in a container (OLE) and be able to send DDE code to MSQuery to query my data in FMP and put that new data into Excel.

I need to be able to have the search criteria (only one field for now) to be entered from a drop down list that the user can select from. i thought it would work to copy the field data from FMP and then build an SQL script with MSQuery and send it directly to Excel - wa lah, the updated data appears. I can do it if I manually open excel and then open a query but I want the user to be able to click a button and have it take the search criteria from the FMP field (search name) and put it directly into an MSQuery query and then update Excel. Any chance?

Does anyone know how to activate MSQuery with DDE? It appears to need DDEInitiate to get started, which FMP does not support

Help.

Thanks but here are the problems.

The Charts oazium or x2max print on windows at 72 dpi (no good)

They don't have the ability to chart time on one scale and data on the other without converting time to data first. Then, when you want to add labels to the tickmarks on an axis with the time data, they don't automatically update because you had to convert the time to a number and you can't, without a lot of scripting, convert it back to make it into labels.

Hence, Excel.

This topic is 8614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.