hiding bottom blank portal row

Kay

This topic is 8257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have Elements listed in a portal on a layout in my Projects file. I want to force the users to use a button I have created called "Create New Element". It is attached to an extremely important script. The users are in the habit with this and other databases of simply going to the last row in a portal and typing to create the related records. Is there any way to hide this row, or lock it, or attach an error message or... something? I even put a large red note on the layout. Oh, and earlier tried a message that appears directly before entering the layout instructing them to do so. They read it and heeded it once and then fell back to old habits. It just doesn't matter how many times I remind them.

Thanks -- Kay

Truce is better than friction.

You can under certain circumstances keep the blamk row as well. Put a button right over the portal row contents. The associated script uses an IF statement to determine whether the portal row is empty or not:

If [ IsEmpty (relationship::key) ]

If it is true the row is empty so run the script to create a new related record. If it's not true then make the script do whatever else you want (go to field etc).

This topic is 8257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.