Linking Filemaker to accounting software

This topic is 8610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

One of my friends managed to link his Access database to his accounting software so that if a customer's details eg address are changed in the database the change is automatically made in the accounting software. Does anyone know if this is possible for Filemaker and if so which software packages do it best (I have quickbooks Mac version)??

quote:

Originally posted by Markg:

One of my friends managed to link his Access database to his accounting software so that if a customer's details eg address are changed in the database the change is automatically made in the accounting software. Does anyone know if this is possible for Filemaker and if so which software packages do it best (I have quickbooks Mac version)??

You can easily get the data out of FileMaker, but the question is whether you can then get the data into your accounting software. I don't know about QuickBooks being AppleScriptable, but if it isn't there might be other packages out there that are. And even if they are not, you should be able to automate the process with something like QuicKeys or OneClick, which are macro programs that can see what you do on the computer and then play it back.

So the final answer is, Yes, you can do it, but it isn't going to be easy unless the accounting software is AppleScriptable and you know AppleScript.

Chuck

This topic is 8610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.