Exporting Reports 2 MS Word 97/2000

This topic is 8607 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

ABsolutely correct in sofar as exporting "records" in a spreadsheet format. However, I need to export/publish a custom report format to a wordprocessor, the only alternative is to save report as an HTML (very messy). There should be or "needs to be" a way that a custom report can be sent as an RTF (similar to the result you would get creating a Acrobat PDF of the report). This is how it is in MS Access 2000.

quote:

Originally posted by SSwettenham:

ABsolutely correct in sofar as exporting "records" in a spreadsheet format. However, I need to export/publish a custom report format to a wordprocessor, the only alternative is to save report as an HTML (very messy). There should be or "needs to be" a way that a custom report can be sent as an RTF (similar to the result you would get creating a Acrobat PDF of the report). This is how it is in MS Access 2000.

You can export report information by exporting the summar fields and choosing the summarize by option in the export dialog and selecting the break field on your report. What you'll get is the summary data for each iteration of the break field in the summary report.

I've only done this once or twice, so I'm unable to give much more advice on this. The file will be a text file that you can then open in Word.

Chuck

This topic is 8607 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.