Faxing to FAXSTF from within a script

This topic is 8603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Has anyone figured out how to send a fax from within filemaker pro 5, using faxSTF from smithmicro.com? the Faxsoftware ships with the IMAC.

Ofcourse I can change the setting by hand in the chooser, than print to the faxsoftware and paste in the faxnumber by hand.

smithmico site seems to indicate that it can be done with a applescript. I spend some hours on it but I am new at applescripting ... and I am not doing to well...

It seems to me that someone must have trotted this road before and might give me a word of advice.... Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:

Has anyone figured out how to send a fax from within filemaker pro 5, using faxSTF from smithmicro.com? the Faxsoftware ships with the IMAC.

Ofcourse I can change the setting by hand in the chooser, than print to the faxsoftware and paste in the faxnumber by hand.

smithmico site seems to indicate that it can be done with a applescript. I spend some hours on it but I am new at applescripting ... and I am not doing to well...

It seems to me that someone must have trotted this road before and might give me a word of advice.... Thanks.

I've not used AppleScript to fax to FaxSTF, but that was the route I was going to suggest. Have you checked out http://www.stfinc.com/fproscripts.htm on the FaxSTF web site? It seems to have all the information you would need.

If you're new to AppleScript, I would suggest getting Danny Goodman's AppleScript Handbook. I think the third edition came out recently and it should be available at bn.com.

The FaxSTF scripting website has a lot of information, including downloadable examples and a manual. Check through the examples and see if they are of any help.

Chuck

This topic is 8603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.