Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Deleting PopUp Menu Selection

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I like both the look and convenience of popup menus as opposed to popup lists. One big plus is not having to scroll through value list choices. Can you tell me why my 3 global fields, set in the header of a layout scripted to always open as a form, won't let me alter my first selection. Once a choice is made, I'm locked into it. If I change the format to popup list, I can select, deselect by deleting or click into the value list and make another selection without problem.

Is there a way I can have the popup menu and still be able to make changes in the fields?

quote:

Originally posted by tmac:

I like both the look and convenience of popup menus as opposed to popup lists. One big plus is not having to scroll through value list choices. Can you tell me why my 3 global fields, set in the header of a layout scripted to always open as a form, won't let me alter my first selection. Once a choice is made, I'm locked into it. If I change the format to popup list, I can select, deselect by deleting or click into the value list and make another selection without problem.

Is there a way I can have the popup menu and still be able to make changes in the fields?

I just tried to do the same thing on my computer (as near as I can tell), and I didn't have any problem having a global field set to be a popup menu located in the header of the layout. I was able to select any value in the list. It behaved no differently than when the field is in the body.

So, I would suggest rebuilding the objects used to create it. First try just deleting the field from the layout and reinserting it. If that doesn't work, try to do what you are attempting with a new global field. Try creating a new value list for the field. Keep working like this and see if it solves the problem

Chuck

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.