FM Server - Privileges

This topic is 5952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have setup a FileMaker Server 9 on a Mac g5 - as far as I can see - according to specs. The system is running correctly (databases are being server) except that it shows NO USERS connected (thre are 5-20), the backup scripts don't seem to run(system says that the path is invalid_ and the System says that there can only be 0 clients - 0 web sessions - even though there are users connected and the web site is running etc. I have ran privilege checks and all - but have not been able to actually isolate the trouble.

I am going to restart the machine at the next convenient time -but am wondering if anyone has any further insight.

We had two FM servers experience something similar after patching up to 9.0.2. Our issue was the servers were running on Win Server 2003 SP1. Patching to SP2 resolved the issue on one machine; we're still looking at the other but suspect the issue was that FMS wasn't uninstalled/reinstalled around the SP2 patch.

We didn't have problems with backups, but certainly the Console was misreporting its lists as you describe.

As far as I can tell this is an issue with the Server Console only, Server itself is correctly hosting files, performing schedules and so on.

In your situation, I would first confirm that backups are running by checking the physical backup folder, then logging into FMS via the command line - which WILL report status correctly. Our experience was that while Console would report 0 clients ad 0 databases, the command line would report, say 10 clients and 45 databases. You can kick off backups manually from the command line as well, open/close files etc.

At your earliest convenience, confirm your system conforms to specs, uninstall FMS and reinstall it.

This topic is 5952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.