Expanding Portal List

mikemccloskey

This topic is 8214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to create report in one file that includes a portal list from another file. My problem is that it will only display a user defined number of rows. I need the list to display anywhere from 10 - 200 items but don't want to set the number to 200 because it would make printing unwieldy. Is this possible?

A lot depends on the setup and structure of your solution. On way is as follows:

In file A you have one record with a portal showing any given number of records from file B (1 to many relationship). You want to print? Do this. Set up a list layout in file B with the fields you want to print. Set up a relationship back to file A. Drop the fields from file A you also want to print, in the header and/or footer parts in your list layout in file B. Write a script in File A that switches to your new layout in file B, only selects related records, prints, then returns to file A.

This is only a solution for a 1 to many relationship – with many to many or many to one, you will need to take another approach.

Hope this helps,

Rigsby

This topic is 8214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.