Creating Accounts and Privileges

Yahaya

This topic is 5932 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello Everyone!!!

I just started using FM Pro Advance on XP 2 days ago and I need to create a database where all company personnel can go into and fill in their personal details.

The thing is everyone is only allowed to access their own personal database and no body else apart from admnistrators(me).

I know this sounds very easy but I am very new to this kind of work and i need help.

My questions are do I have to create an ID for every single person(so they can go into the database and fill out their details) and if so how do i get them to only access their own "record" and nobody's else?:? :

Edited by Guest

Welcome.

Please read the section on Accounts and Privilege Sets in the manual that comes with the product. What you need is Record Level Access. This requires each user to have an individual Account with a password. It also requires that there be a field in the record that matches some criterion, usually the Account Name. When the Account used to log on matches that test field, the user can see that record. Otherwise, the user cannot see the record.

The test for this is set deep inside the Define Privilege Set section which is why I recommended you read the information that accompanies the product.

Steven

• Newbies

Welcome.

Please read the section on Accounts and Privilege Sets in the manual that comes with the product.

Steven

Am afraid our package some how did not come with a manual or any other documentation apart from the license. Could you please direct me to a website where i can read about the record level access!

Thanks

• Newbies

My Supevisor from work gave it to me but it looked like it had been used already. When I asked for the manual and other booklets, no one was able to tell me if they all came along with it or not. Well i guessed on my own that it must have been left at where ever it was first used.

Aside from that do you know where/ websites that can help because apart from "Help" and the "tutorials", I have got no clue on what do as this is my 1st time ever laying eyes on this programme.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

Thank you very much for your advice sir and will inform my supervisor. But Does this mean that I will not be able to build my database without the manual(s) and shouldnt there be online help/live chats/websites were I can download this manual.There should be a way of getting round it somehow?:) :

This topic is 5932 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.