Filemaker 7 Server WONT WORK

This topic is 5916 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using Filemaker 7.0 v4 server on Mac OS 10.4 server. Everything was working fine until a power outage occured. After that I have since been unable to open filemaker. I can access the database from other computers but on the server it will not open.

When accessing it from Filemaker Admin I can login, turn on the database, and then it quits after a few seconds.

I have tried reinstalling filmaker but it still does not work.

Help

I can access the database from other computers but on the server it will not open.

When accessing it from Filemaker Admin I can login, turn on the database, and then it quits after a few seconds.

I have tried reinstalling filmaker but it still does not work.

What does this mean: "...I can access the database from other computers but on the server it will not open. " Open how? You're not trying to open the database from the server with FMP while FM Server is running it, are you?

Sounds as if your files may be damaged.

Steven

• Newbies

sorry, by accessing it from another computer, I mean that I moved the data folder to another server and it worked fine right away, so I think the files are okay. I just cant get filemaker server to launch on that one server, even after reinstalling.

Thanks, any other suggestions?

"When accessing it from Filemaker Admin I can login, turn on the database, and then it quits after a few seconds."

This is usually a sign of data corruption. Use the "Save a Copy As..." command to clean up all the files. Only use the Recover command on those files that cannot Save A Copy As cannot fix, but don't put the recovered files back into production: pull the recovered data into a known-good backup.

• Newbies

Is there way to do the "save a copy as" without using the Filemaker Admin? Because I can't get far enough into it to do that before it quits

Edited by Guest

I don't understand what you're asking here. You cannot use the Save A Copy command while the file is hosted. Close the file, stop the FMS service/daemon, then open the file in FIleMaker Pro. Then you can use the Save a Copy option.

Steven

This topic is 5916 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.