Multiple Users Access & Design Strategy

This topic is 5917 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

Historically, I've built a number of 'Business Tracking' type solutions as an employee and therefore have been 'available' should tweaks be required, either to the database design, or to the accounts administration. To this point, these solutions have only had a maximum of 6 users, and whilst having deployed Server on one occasion, dealing with adding accounts has never really posed a problem.

However, I am now in the fortunate position of building a solution for a client who wants to use Server, and although there will initially only be a handful of user accounts, dozens more will be required in the long term.

Helpfully (or otherwise), I'm using the seperation model, and there are 4 related files (including the Interface). I need advice on the 'best practice' to get the solution deployed securely.

I understand that I will need to set up access privilege sets in each of the 4 files, and I envisage at least 3 privilege sets: data entry, minimal admin and full design access.

How do I best handle the setting up of multiple user accounts? Is there a way to allow the designated client administrator (i.e not me) to create new user accounts via scripting?

Also potentially of note, is that I'm doing the primary development on Mac (although I am testing on PC too!) but the deployment will be on Windows. I'm a little concerned about the potential implications of this too.....

Any advice or reading resources would be much appreciated.

This topic is 5917 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.