Server Maintenance This Week. ×

error on export to xml

janedoe

This topic is 5895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi,

i am trying to do an export to XML using an XSL style sheet via a HTTP request, and i receive the following error:

"XSLT warning: Fatal Error at (file , line 0, column 0): An exception occured! Type:NetAccessorException, Message:Could not connect to the socket for URL '{0}'. Error={1} (, line -1, column -1)"

the XSL is accessible from within FM, as I have it displaying in the Web Viewer.

if i download the XSL and place it C: and specify it via File (instead of HTTP request) the XML exports correctly.

the FM file is open in FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 (hosted on FileMaker Server 8.0v4).

i am logging in with the 'god' password to the FM file.

any ideas what might be causing this?

thanks heaps.

jd.

hi,

i have made sure that the website address used for the XSL is not blocked in the proxy server.

what could be causing the error to appear when using a website address as opposed to a local file?

any ideas please?

i have found a couple of similar posts on here, but they seem to relate to the importing of XML, whereas we are trying to export...

thx,

jd.

Have you tried copy/pasting the URL path to the XSL file into your web browser? That would at least tell you if it was a valid path.

A valid path to the xsl file would be required the same for either an export or import of xml; same thing really.

This topic is 5895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.