Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Saving layout with images to PDF problem

Matt Klein

This topic is 5894 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OK. I am at a bit of loss here and am hoping that some of you can help me out. What I am about to describe is only happening at one of 25 or so clients that use the same app.

The client uses FileMaker Server 8 on the server and FileMaker Pro 8.5 on a Windows 2003 Terminal Services server.

The application gives the users the ability to Insert an image into a field for use in a report. The image is stored directly in the container field instead of storing a reference to the image file. On the report layout I use a relationship to show the images.

In the scripting for viewing this report, a PDF is created and opened automatically.

Here's the problem I am having at this location...

Unless a user is setup as an Administrator on the Terminal Services server, the image doesn't appear on the report when saved as PDF. The spot that should have the image is just a blank white spot. However, the image appears properly if I just enter Preview Mode in FileMaker.

Again, the image is stored in the database and appears just fine in Preview Mode. It does not appear in the PDF created from that layout. It only happens like this when the user's OS permissions are not administrator permissions.

Very confusing. Does anyone know what might be causing this? What effect does the level of permissions at the OS level have on the Save as PDF function in FileMaker?

Any help would be extremely welcome at this point.

Thanks in advance.

This topic is 5894 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.