Opening file error

This topic is 8575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm running FM Pro 5 on a local network, and I used the Server Administrator to close a file, then I did some routine maintenance on it (added a new field). When I try to open the file to the server, I get an "unable to open file" message. I've tried recovering the file and opening the recovered version, tried copying it and opening the copy. Neither works. Now that the file is off the server, I can open it in FM Pro, and it appears fine. How can I get the file open again on the server?

------------------

Dr. Stephen H. Savage

Arizona State arks

1300 W. Washington St.

Phoenix, AZ 85034

Try to move the file physically to the server using a floppy disk or copy it to the FM directory on the server, and as instructed, you either drop the file on the Fmserver.exe, or restart the FM Server service again.

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by BAZ:

Try to move the file physically to the server using a floppy disk or copy it to the FM directory on the server, and as instructed, you either drop the file on the Fmserver.exe, or restart the FM Server service again.

Thanks. I discovered that I was out of file handles on the FM server. It will only allow 125 files to be open at a time, and State Parks runs practicaly everything we do from FM, so there are a lot of files. I just tried to open one too many... -SS

------------------

Dr. Stephen H. Savage

Arizona State arks

1300 W. Washington St.

Phoenix, AZ 85034

This topic is 8575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.