Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Troi File 4.0.2 "Copy Folder" has strange behavior

This topic is 5814 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using Troi File 4.0.2 plugin with FMPA 9.0.3 on Mac OS 10.5.2.

When I use the CopyFolder function I sometimes get a good copy but other times I get an "unfinished copy". In other words, the function finishes doing its thing, the error returned is "0", but the folder retains the light blue color of a folder that is still in the process of being copied, as shown below.

Also, if I try to delete the light-colored copy, I get a dialog shown as the second attached image.

It only does it when copying certain folders. I've checked the permissions of all the folders I've tested and they are all unlocked and appear to have all the same read/write permissions.

Does anyone know what's going wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Orig_Folder_and_Copy.png

In_Use_warning.png

Here's an update. A client of mine tried a test file on Tiger and it worked fine every time with a variety of folders. When she tried on Leopard she encountered the odd behavior with some folders, normal behavior with others.

Possibly a bug when used on Leopard?

• 1 month later...

Would someone mind trying to replicate the weird results I've seen with this plugin? Please find a test file attached that'll make testing really easy. You need to be running Mac OS 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 and have Troi File plugin 4.0.2 installed and activated to run the test. A free demo of the plugin can be downloaded at the Troi File download page .

I'd really appreciate any help on this. I've seen this buggy behavior on three different machines running Mac OS 10.5.2 and 10.5.3, but Peter at Troi says that he can't replicate the bug under the same conditions.

CopyFolder.zip

This topic is 5814 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.