Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Kiosk demo source code

This topic is 5870 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the source code for the included Kiosk demo called "Menu.fp7". It's the "World Class Burger" demo that comes with Filemaker. I sent the company an email and they don't seem to be very cooperative. Thanks!

• Newbies

Ha! I definitely do NOT find the artwork stunning and I appreciate your attached example for the database. I'm a FM newbie (long time Oracle DBA). I have no trouble with the tables and functions. I'm more concerned with learning how to make a reasonably good looking Kiosk and the FM documentation is somewhat lacking. I figured that if I could see how they formatted the layout for the Burger demo, then I could come up with something decent on my own. While the demo has primitive graphics, you have to admit that it's clean and functional.

Thanks Søren,

Walter

I figured that if I could see how they formatted the layout for the Burger demo,

Well the demo is not particular new, it came with fm5 i think, and this suggest that there hardly have found many nifty tricks into it meanwhile. I do not know if what you ask is "...why can't I be Picasso" or you have a particular interaction making you scratch your head

--sd

• Newbies

Okay, I found out what I was really after. I don't care about the graphics from the kiosk demo. What I was unable to do was get the app to actually go into kiosk mode in the first place (locked screen, no menu or doc). I went through the documentation 10 times and checked everything but it would not go into kiosk mode.

I finally realized my error. I had used the developer tools to create a kiosk app but I was running the wrong file! The correct file went into a separate folder. I am soooo dumb!

Thanks for the help.

Walter

This topic is 5870 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.