keyboard shortcut blocking?

This topic is 5882 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

One of my clients has an employee with the fastest draw in the building---he or she has developed a nasty habit of the Replace Field Contents keyboard shortcut and an even nastier habit of just hitting enter and not reading warnings.

Is there any way to block or disable that keyboard shortcut? I'd assume I can do this through custom menus?

Thanks!

You could give almost all users a privilege set that has Menu access of "Editing only" or "Minimum"; they should not have "All", unless you're willing to create a custom Menu Set that blocks all the dangerous commands from them.

Actually, the first thing you should do is make sure there are buttons on the layout to do the things that they should be able to do.

If users are adamant that they need to use command keys then you must build them a custom menu set. Once it is in place, then you can give them Menu access of "All" again, because you will have blocked or modified the dangerous actions.

You can build the custom menu set while they are using the files, so you can build and test it. Then, when it's ready, set it to be the default set. You can also set a default set for different privilege sets, if someone wants (and is safe to use) the regular menus.

That's great, Fenton, that's what I thought; thanks! They have all the buttons they need and everything has been great for nearly two years...this is an isolated incident. It's just that someone thought they'd make something bold and hit Apple+EqualSign....don't ask me why.

Thanks again!

This topic is 5882 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.