Printing labels

This topic is 8628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have downloaded and started using the Filemaker Pro demo. My problem is that I have created a database of 49 records, but when I try to print them by creating a separate layout as Avery 8160 labels I only get 43 labels (this is on A4 paper). My database seems to be stable and I can't see any correlation in the missing records.

Any ideas out there?

TIA

Berry

[This message has been edited by Berry (edited December 07, 2000).]

Check the page setup make sure it is set to A4. How many labels are on that avery sheet anyway?

To make sure all records get printed, choose the "Show all Records" command from the "Records" menu. Perhaps a find was done previously that only found 43 records... Show All Records will cancel the find.

• Newbies

Check the margins in your page setup. If the margins are too large, it will drop off a row of records and try to print them on the next page.

If you don't want to change the margins, you can adjust the size of the header and footer until all the labels print on the page.

• Newbies

Thanks for the help so far but neither thing seems to be the problem. The labels print perfectly on the page and 'show all records' is greyed out so I guess that means all records are already being shown. It's just that some of the records disappear when I create labels. I'm beginning to suspect a bug in the program, rather than user error.

Incidentally, this should have been shown with a Windows (95) rather than a Mac icon.

Thanks.

Berry

This topic is 8628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.