Applescript to create folder on HDD

This topic is 5827 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'm running FMS9 on OSX-Server 10.5

I have a script that uses an apple-script to create a folder on the server HDD to store client information like PDF's, emails etc. On creating a new client, a folder is made with the client name and number.

Previously I ran FMS9 on a stand-alone PC (non-server) and I could just list "macintosh HD:rootname:". When switching to OSX Server I ofcourse had to place these in the "Users:Servername:Public" folder to be accessible to other computers.

My question is, what is the path to this folder? I've tried "Macintosh HD:Users:Servername:Public:" but I get an error that this folder can not be accessed.

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Still no luck. I've tried local paths and remote paths, but nothing let's me make files.

ServerName:Public:MyFolder:

Macintosh HD:Shared Items:Public:MyFolder:

I'm no longer using the "of disk.." in the applescript. Why is it so hard to find the path to a folder???

========================

The problem was not the finding of the path like the error message kept saying, but it had no write privilledge. Why the message says the folder can not be found when it does find it, but just can't write to it, is a mystery to me...

It's working now with ServerName:Public:MyFolder

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5827 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.