FM5 won't display correct jpeg size

This topic is 8624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm new to FM for the Mac, having recently purchased FM4 and now having just upgraded to FM5. I set up a FM4 database with a picture field in which I have 200 pixel high jpeg images. I already have hundreds of pictures,in the database. However, when I open the FM4 database in FM5, the 200 pixel high jpegs are just a few pixels high. They also print at the miniature size.

As a test, I then imported the same original 200 pixel high jpeg into FM5, but while the picture is a little larger than the converted jpeg from FM4, but still barely 1/3 of its original size.

Is FM5 doing something different with jpegs that makes it impossible to convert globally from FM 4 to FM5, or even worse, making it impossible to retain the correct pixel size information for jpegs? I hope not!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Newbies

Field size is 5.764" wide x 2.875" high (415 pix wide x 207 pix high). It worked fine in FM4 and should accommodate 200 pixel-high jpegs. When viewing in FM5 the jpegs are so small as to be unrecognizable color smudges.

The jpegs are my original scans of artworks that I did in Photoshop 6.0. I have used similar scans made the same way in a multitude of Mac and PC applications without difficulty, so this is really bizarre.

I'm at a different computer right now and cannot check on whether the same problem happens in fields other than the picture field, but I can confirm that tomorrow if that will provide you with useful information.

Thanks.

• Newbies

As a follow-up, I tried to import into another field in my database layout and the same problem occurred.

I also tried creating a new database directly in FM5 with only 1 large container field (400w x 300h pix), and then imported (inserted) the 200h pix picture again, with the very same problem occurring. I also tried other pictures. All that I tried came in at about 1/3 their original size, while the one that was a few pixels high remained that way.

It seems like FM5 is trashing the size parameters of the jpegs. This would be a very serious problem that would prevent me from using the newer FM version, as I do not have the time to recreate 130 pictures in some format that quirky FM5 will accept.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks.

John

This topic is 8624 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.