Problem with Auto Update of a plugin

This topic is 5848 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using the zippScript as part of my application. To ensure that this gets installed on the Client side, I followed the instructions here:

http://sixfriedrice.com/wp/filemaker-server-autoupdate/

Since my clients are using both Mac or Windows, I have made both the zippScript.fmplugin.tar and zippScript.fmx files available for download.

This seems to work fine on a Mac. If I'm on a Mac, and I run my auto update script, it downloads the plug-in, and it works immediately afterwards.

If I'm on Windows, the plug-in is downloaded successfully, but I get the error that "The application or DLL C:Documents and Settings/MyUsername/Local Settings/Application Data/FileMaker/Extensions/zippScript.fmx is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." and the plug-in does not appear to be working.

I know that plugins on Windows should work both from the "FileMakerFileMaker Pro 9 AdvancedExtensions" folder as well as the User/Local Settings/.../Extensions" folder, but this doesn't seem to be working.

Is the file downloading wrong? Is there a problem with plugins running from this directory?

Any thoughts?

This topic is 5848 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.