Functionality to Table view

This topic is 8620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there any way to add functionality to the Table view ie. Buttons.

It would be nice to allow my users access to the table view and then allow them back to the form view. I am restricting their access to menus. I need to get them to Table and back without menus. I need buttons.

I haven't really had a need to work with Table View, but what about using the Script menu? You could put a script there to take the user wherever you want to go and it would have the same effect as the button.

Chuck

I think I can make it work. I am restricting access to the menus with a plug-in. You know how non-computer people can get lost real fast using menus to print and make new records and things.

Using a menu goes against one of the main ideas in this particular set-up which is to keep everything button point and click.

Thanks

I don't think you can do exactly what you want. However, you can restrict access to the menus but still give access to the Script menu.

The only other option would be to create a list layout that looks like a table view. You could duplicate all of the functionality of the table view except the ability to resize the columns. Then you could have a header with the button for the user to navigate elsewhere.

Chuck

quote:

Originally posted by jwallace:

I think I can make it work. I am restricting access to the menus with a plug-in. You know how non-computer people can get lost real fast using menus to print and make new records and things.

Using a menu goes against one of the main ideas in this particular set-up which is to keep everything button point and click.

Thanks

Couldja point me in the direction of that there plug in? I'm also disturbingly in need of such. Thankye.

AB

This topic is 8620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.