fmsadmin console login

This topic is 5817 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

My working 9.03 xx with the latest patch to work on 10.5.2 has all of a sudden dropped the admin password.This happened before the patch was applied and altho all services are running I can't login anymore because of "incorrect password"

what happened and why,no-one changed it

How do i reset it please

where is it stored on OSX

If I properly understand your question, I don't think there is much you can do to reset the admin password other than a reinstall. Maybe you could use the Terminal to close the files and stop the FileMaker Server daemon. Then reinstall.

That x326 patch is for use only on servers, Macintosh or Windows, who are being contacted by a Leopard OS Mac client running the Console remotely for administration purposes.

Was there some other event that occurred that, such as an OS patch or security upgrade, that could have caused this?

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

That x326 patch is for use only on servers, Macintosh or Windows, who are being contacted by a Leopard OS Mac client running the Console remotely for administration purposes.

That's interesting. The VLA images being distributed by FileMaker right now are at .326 already -- I have a client that just placed that order and installed.

Is what you're saying that x326 is not to be used except in the specific circumstance listed above? We are having similar problems as those who can't get connect to the database, both through the admin console and through fmsadmin -- it gives permissions errors. Clean Leopard install, then installation of the FMS image downloaded first thing. Should we be trying to get an install of v3.325 from FMI, see if that fixes things?

Yes, I know that x326 is being used on the VLA electronic cownloads and on the dsitributed media as well. I do not believe it is necessary for you to hunt for x325. If you have a x325 build already installed, you do not need to install x326 unless you are using an OS X machine to contact that server, as I previously indicated.

Steven

Rats. That's the best lead I'd had to date regarding the problem. Thank you for your reply.

I haven't found a thread mentioning this problem yet that discusses a solution to this (as we're on a PPC Mac, so Java 6 isn't an issue). Are there any leads, or is this at least a known issue?

This topic is 5817 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.