Organizing 100's of Layouts

This topic is 8605 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All--

I am currently working on a database containing over 100 layouts. However, I will end up with over 200 layouts by the time the project is finished. I have these reports grouped under a heading like (QTR1 Reports, QTR2 Reports, QTR 3 Reports, Yearly Reports, etc.) The new upgraded version of FileMaker Pro only displays 1 column of layouts (instead of all layouts in multiple columns) with an down arrow so you can navigate to the other layouts, very slowly! This just makes creating other reports very time consuming. Is there a way to turn OFF this option so that all of the layouts are shown in multiple columns or is there a way to organized layouts in extended menus like Windows (a right arrow indicating an extended menu for each group). Please let me know. Thanks for your input in advance.

I don't know of a way to do exactly what you want, but this might help.

When in layout mode, each layout can be navigated to using the flip book in the status area, just like when you navigate records in browse mode. They are numbered from 1 to the number of layouts you have. If you take note of the layouts you're working on, you can press the escape key. The number below the flip book will highlight. Type the number of the layout you want, hit enter, and you'll be taken directly to it.

Chuck

quote:

Originally posted by Chuck:

I don't know of a way to do exactly what you want, but this might help.

When in layout mode, each layout can be navigated to using the flip book in the status area, just like when you navigate records in browse mode. They are numbered from 1 to the number of layouts you have. If you take note of the layouts you're working on, you can press the escape key. The number below the flip book will highlight. Type the number of the layout you want, hit enter, and you'll be taken directly to it.

Chuck

Thanks for your help. I forgot about using the flip book in layout mode wink.gif That method will help a little in creating my other layouts. However, the list of layouts will still show only 1 columns worth of layouts (about 35)and not all of them like the old version of FileMaker. There is no way of browsing ALL of the layouts--I like to see which ones I have already completed at a glance. Is there anyway to turn this option off so it can display more than 1 column? Just curious.... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Thumperman (edited January 03, 2001).]

Again, this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it might be worth creating a navigation layout just for yourself. You could populate it with buttons that go to different layouts by number, and perhaps script the filling in of those buttons with the layout names.

I know of no way to increase the number of layouts viewable in the menu.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chuck (edited January 04, 2001).]

This topic is 8605 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.