Need a way to edit shadow table without changing live data

This topic is 5754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hopefully I can explain this enough for you guys to understand.

I recently setup ODBC connections to several MySQL databases using Actual's ODBC driver on a Mac running OS X 10.5.3. I setup the databases and relationships with my FMPro 9 Advanced without any problems. I can edit fields within any record and the change takes place in the server almost instantaneously. But that's my problem.

Is there a way to setup fmpro so that I can make all the changes I want to a record without actually executing the queries on the ESS until I'm satisfied with the changes I've made? I love the ability to change the data on the fly, but there are times that I would rather make multiple changes, or test some changes, before actually having those changes take place on the server.

I know I'm probably leaving out a lot of info that some of you would need to point me in the right direction, so just let me know what you need, and I can provide it. Thanks in advanced.

• Newbies

Thanks. I'm pretty new to FMPro, so I'm not quite sure what you mean, but at least its a starting point. I'll do some searching on it and come back here if I need help. In the meantime, if you have any specific places I could look, I'd love the pointers. Thanks again.

This topic is 5754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.