Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Adding images together

This topic is 5802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know of a way (plugin or FM native) to join two images together into a sinlge image in FM9? What I would like is something similar to what 4D has where you can just add pictures almost like concatenating text fields.

Now..I know I can use AppleScript/AppleEvents on the mac side to access OSX's image manipulation libraries, and I can probably find something similar to control through VBA on the win side. But I really don't want to go to that trouble and complexity.

All of the image plugins that I have seen for FM allow image manipulation (rotate, resize, resample, etc), but don't seem to allow for expanding an image's 'canvas' or for manipulating specific areas of an image.

The only 'hackish' thing I can think of is to create a layout with multiple FM containers arranged in a variety of preset ways. I could then allow the user to populate those containers anyway they want and then take a screensnap (using Troi Graphic plugin) to get the final collage into a single FM container. Interesting, but a bit of hack.

Thanks for any other ideas.

John

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.