How to Eliminate Menu/Scroll Bars???

This topic is 8587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have created a series of layouts to serve as a slide show presentation using buttons to move through the slides. For presentation purposes, I would like to eliminate/hide the vertical and horizontal scroll bars and the top menu bar. Can anyone help me with this? Is this possible? Is there a FileMaker solution or is it an OS solution? I am using both Mac and Win98. Thanks in advance. -Jeff

For a slide show I'd have suggested using Ms PowerPoint, but that's not what you want to hear...

You can easily hide the status bar which frees up some screen real estate. getting rid of the scroll bars and menu bar is much more difficult, you'd probably need to get the developer version and use Kiosk mode to achieve what you want, which I imaging is a full screen of layout sans menus etc.

I'm a big fan of the "right tool for the job" philosophy, and FMP is not foremost a presentation program.

• Newbies

Thanks for your replies, however none of the applications you mention above, specifically MS Powerpoint is capable of accomplishing my needs. My slideshow is a dynamic, everchanging event....meaning no two slideshow presentations are the same.....only FileMaker affords the presenter the ability to navigate through the slides "on the fly" during a presentation. Additionally, the data presented in the slide show is also arranged to produce printed documents in various formats....again, something Powerpoint is not designed to do. It's difficult to really explain the wide scope of uses, but suffice it to say the applications mentioned above are solely designed for presentation and not much else. FileMaker does an excellent job of presenting a slideshow (although I'm sure the software authors never imagined that it could), except for the problems I've encountered mentioned above.

Thanks again for rour replies.

This topic is 8587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.