Interrupt startup script??

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is there any way to stop a startup script that has "Allow User Abort" turn OFF? (I know...why did I turn that off during development?!!) I've gotten myself into a loop that won't let me get into scriptmaker and change my mistake!! I have a backup file but I spent several hours making some serious changes and don't want to start from scratch again.

• Newbies

I found the solution in a post from December in Scriptmaker! Looks like I wasn't the only one that has done this. However, let me add something: I created a new db but had to give it the SAME PASSWORD that is normally used for the module I couldn't get into. THEN I created a relationship between the two files and VOILA! scriptmaker was active again. I turned the startup script off and will keep the "Allow User Abort" out of my scripts until I know they work. Thanks for the tip, though. I was about to panic.

No big deal, but it's proved to be a good habit:

I start all relevant scripts with a short conditional: if current modifier key isn't 8 allow user abort off. And I always hold down the "alt" key when launching scripts.

The advantage is you can leave it in the final version. The client won't know.

This topic is 8588 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.