Server Maintenance This Week. ×

finding if file exists and then reporting back to fm8.5 runtime

This topic is 5767 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Warning: I have never used the applescript EVER

but i would like to see if i can do a work around for my runtime solutions that are demos for the mac.

i am currently using without any problems .. Dempsey's Mooplug for my windows runtime solutions, but i would like to lock down my demo's as well for the mac.

i need to be able to create a folder on the mac on first installation, i need to be able to check to see if that folder exists as well, i need to be able to create a blank text file and be able to put it into that folder, and check for the text file too, i need to do all this and have the applescript report back it's findings to fm8.5 so i can then further process either closing the solution down as it has expired and or already has been installed previously and won't install again, or just timebomb as the timer has expired on the demo.

any help with applescript would be much appreciated, as i don't know when Dempsey is going to get finished with his Mooplug for the Mac, i know he is presently working on it, but i would like to get my mac demos up again.

Thank you

Tina Marie

Edited by Guest
forgot to put my platform

This topic is 5767 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.