Possible SSL problem over WAN

This topic is 5772 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello All,

I've got a client that is having issues hosting FileMaker Pro over their WAN. The server physically resides at their central office and they have five satellite offices that connect to the filemaker server. As of a week ago, one of the offices was unable to connect to the server. After hours of troubleshooting, we discovered that the route was good between the offices. WIth that established, I then configured the router to point to a FMP client (That was hosting a file) rather than the server machine. The office having trouble was able to connect over the WAN to my FM Client. I then went back to the server and tried turning off SSL and reconfigured the router to point back to the server machine. Success again! Long story short, with SSL enabled, the connection appears to fail. Does anyone have any experience with this scenario or some helpful advice?

Specs are as follows:

Server - FMS 8, running on OSX 10.3.9

Client over WAN - FMP 9.0v3 running on OSX 10.4.x

Thanks in advance,

John

Edited by Guest

SSL should not make any difference. it deals with the encryption of data in transit. and has nothing to do with discoery of the server. Make sure Port 5003 is opened and forwarded to the NAT of the Server. Make sure that the latest v-rev is on the Server.

Please keep us posted.

Steven

• Newbies

Hi Steven,

Thanks much for the response. Your comment regarding SSL makes sense and is exactly what I first told myself when I started troubleshooting the problem. Be that as it may, I've been banging my head up against a wall trying to pinpoint the problem. The ports are all properly forwarded. The sever and remote clients have actually been running great for several months now. The problem has occurred only at the one office. It makes no sense to me that the remote client can make a connection via peer to peer over the WAN to my client hosting a file. That same remote client will have trouble making a connection to the server. Keep in mind that I've been toggling the port forwarding between the client(host) and server machine on the main network for testing purposes.

I initially thought it had to be a routing issue but the route looks clean as can be. Lastly, the server is running the latest vRev. Thanks again.

-John

This topic is 5772 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.