Extremely slow open

This topic is 5726 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On one of our XP Pro installations of FM9 Pro, the program can take up to 40 minutes to open after a reboot. There are not any scripts running at startup, no db's are being opened at startup -- only FM9. After the program successfully loads it can be closed and restarted within an expected time span (< 5 sec.).

The glacial opening only occurs after the system has been restarted. Task Manager reports @ 35 k (@ 50%) of the program loads within seconds then halts and the remainder loads 10-40 minutes later. I have tried uninstall-reinstall with no changes.

System specs:

WinXP Pro sp2

AMD Athlon 2800 2GHz

1 GB RAM

FM9.0v3

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hi,

Is it slow to open Filemaker or a filemaker database?

If Filemaker pro consider the size of your windows temp file. This can bog down windows when loading programs. I would suspect this is the problem.

If the database then look at the file references. If the database has migrated through different versions of filemaker, you could have some obsolete file references. If so filemaker is trying to resolve them on open.

I don't think it is hardware related.

HTH,

Tim

• Newbies

If you're not already, you might try opening into a blank layout, just to see if there's something on the initial layout that's messing things up. I recall, for instance, having an issue with radio buttons.

Thanks Tim W and DR for responding; I don't think it's HW either.

The 10-40 min. FM start/open is just on this one system -- all twelve others are normal. There is not a db currently opening on program start, it just takes FM that long to open -- no db's, no scripts.

I'll look at your suggestions and post back.

Thanks again,

Mike

This topic is 5726 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.