Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Cannot Input Chinese words in FMP5

meteor

This topic is 8568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using Chinese Win98/ME and file maker pro5 (Eng). I can't input chinese word into my database by typing but i can input an excel file which containing chinese words.

Does anyone know the solution to enable me to input chinese words directly in FMP5?

• 1 month later...

In case you're still out there wondering how to do this, I've been looking for a LONG time and, finally, last week I found the answer, which works fine on English Filemaker 5 Windows OS.

You need a program called NJ Star Communicator, which you can download from NJ Star's website. Free evaluation for about 30 days, then around US$99, I think. You can type straight into your Filemaker fields. It does simplified and traditional and there are more input methods (pinyin, GB, Unicode etc.) than you'll ever need, plus a handy instant converter.

Format your text fields in any regular font like Times or Arial - the mapping is different if you use MS Song or MS Hei and you'll get weird stuff.

The only drawback I have found - and please I'd like help with this if anyone knows a fix - is that the print quality is poor. It looks very pixelated, even with the print properties set for graphics.

This topic is 8568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.