Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PDF to email

Mike Astra

This topic is 5734 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Help required for a Newbie!

I am trying to use scripmaker to create a PDf of the layout and attach it to an email. I get this far with the Save as PDF selection.

I then struggle, because I want the PDF to have the name of the a field in the record (i.e. Invoice No) and then the email to have the email address from the record! I cannot get this to work! The message will be default text.

Please can you advise on where I am going wrong, or if there is a better way of doing this?

We are currently running OSX10.4.11, FM 6 - but I have tried a trial copy of FM 9 which is where I am getting the save as pdf script line from.

You are not doing anything wrong here, the feature arrived with fm8, you need to use embedded applescript/shell scripting:

property i_  1

set format_ to "pdf"

do shell script "/usr/sbin/screencapture -mt" & format_ & " ~/Desktop/Screenshot_" & (i_ as string) & "." & format_

display alert "The file "Screenshot_" & (i_ as string) & "." & format_ & "" has been saved to your Desktop." as informational

set i_ to i_ + 1

As well as the use of sips -c to crop the entire screenshot, to the confines of the actual fm-window. This means the actual location of your filemaker window is needed as parameter for the generation of the as/shell script.

This is the spit and polish approach, but your ROI might be elsewhere so you without hesitation buy this thing to solve your issue:

http://www.schubec.com/en/product_details_883818.html

...an upgrade of your filemaker version, could be another option - though!

--sd

This topic is 5734 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.