Server Maintenance This Week. ×

LOST - Filemaker Pro Server 3.0 installation CD!!

This topic is 5715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

My profile is incorrect because the options aren't there -- I'm using FMpro 3.0 clients on Win2k/XP machines, hosted by Filemaker Server 3.0 running on Windows NT Server 4.0!

I need to upgrade to a new machine, but my installation CD is nowhere to be found! It should be in the box... I've got the manual and the box in mint condition, no CD!!

Does anyone out there have any idea how I can get a replacement CD? Quickly?? I'm willing to pay... but I DON'T WANT TO UPGRADE! I've got no time and my current installation works just fine.

thanks in advance,

Pete

Short of a donation from someone here in the forums, try ebay, craigslist etc. Usually when folks sell their old computers they bundle in their ancient software with em. So you might get FMS 3 media with that junky old $50 desktop with the broken monitor and the missing Escape key.

Until you can find the replacement media, I'd suggest:

a. Don't upgrade to the new machine,

or

b. Upgrade your FM solution to FM/FMS 9.

You're living on borrowed time either way - it's not like your system environment is going to get more compatible as time goes by.

I had one client three years back that was still on FMS 3, that I'd been cajoling to upgrade for years and years. They did spring for exactly one copy of 4 in 2002 or so, so we could use sorted relationships in a UPS Worldship integration scheme.

Not to make a case for direct cause and effect, but - they went bankrupt :

This topic is 5715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.