Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMServer install to non-standard location (ie installdir=d:\folder...

This topic is 5708 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I am an IT consultant and I am installing Filemaker server 9 and 9 advanced on several clients server. On all previos versions we installed the server to an alternate hard drive using the INSTALLDIR= option in the appropriate file (setup.ini in the case of server 9). When installing Server 9 (or advanced) to any drive other than C, after setup completes (and on all future attempt at launching the FMS 9 Start Page ([install drive:installdir]Adminadmin-serverlaunch-pageprelaunch_single_en.html) to complete the installation, it never gets past the "Please wait while the Admin Server starts..." screen.

If I install server 9 to ANY folder on the C drive, everything works properly. I checked folder permissions, and everything else I can think of to diagnose the issue, but I am stumped, is something hard coded to the c drive? I realize I can chosse an additional database and backup folder from the console (if installed to the c drive), but this only allows relocation of the database and backup folders, and not the other important folders, such as scripts...

Any one found any way around this?

Server/s: Windows Server 2003,Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2,

Filemaker: Filemaker Server 9/9 advanced versions 9.0 through 9.0.3.326

Thank you

FileMaker Server 9 [color:red]must be installed on the C drive along with the OS. This is due largely to issues related to the Java web start underpinnings of the new Admin Console.

FMI is aware that this has caused some problems for some organizations.

Steven

This topic is 5708 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.