Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Official FileMaker Pro 9 Classes in Toronto and Ottawa

This topic is 5699 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Official FileMaker Pro 9 Classes in Toronto and Ottawa

September 23, 2008 -- CoreSolutions, one of the most experienced FileMaker consultants worldwide, is offering FileMaker Training Series classes in Toronto and Ottawa.

These courses are taught by Kieren MacMillan. Kieren has over 15 years experience working with FileMaker Pro, and has trained hundreds of students over the years.

Not only is Kieren a Certified Developer in FileMaker Pro version 7, 8, and 9, but he also holds the unique distinction of being a FileMaker Pro 7, 8, and 9 Authorized Trainer.

These classes will give you one-on-one access to one of the best, and most credentialed trainers in the world, and these classes are the latest in official training from FileMaker Inc.

CoreSolutions offers a full week of training that consists of three courses.

Introduction to FileMaker Pro 9

This course is perfect for people new to FileMaker Pro 9 who wants to learn the fundamental skills required to create and maintain databases.

By the end of the course, you will be able to open, close, share, and create FileMaker Pro files. You will learn how to manipulate data, find and sort records, print, save data in other formats and import and export data. You will also learn how to define fields, identify and understand the different FileMaker Pro field types, understand and specify field auto-entry, validation, and storage/indexing options and how to work with container fields. Finally, you will learn how to create a Database Design Report, which will help you discover where and how fields and other objects are used in your database solution.

November 17th in Toronto - October 20th in Ottawa

Development Primer for FileMaker Pro 9

This two day course is designed for people who have used FileMaker Pro to create some simple databases for their own use, and now want to develop more sophisticated solutions for their organization.

By the end of the course, you will understand data modeling, create an entity relationship diagram (ERD), learn about the different types of relationships and create portals work in FileMaker Pro. You will also be introduced to the most common calculation functions and custom functions. You will learn about the scripting environment in FileMaker Pro; how to create scripts to automate tasks, how to use the Script Debugger and Data Viewer to troubleshoot scripts, add error trapping routines to scripts and how to use script parameters, script results, and script variables.

November 18th & 19th in Toronto - October 21st & 22nd in Ottawa

Intermediate FileMaker Pro 9 Developing and Reporting

This is an intensive two-day class, designed specifically for experienced developers looking to create complex and sophisticated database applications.

By the end of the course, you will be able to create and modify layouts using a variety of tools, use value lists to simplify data entry and in creating relational associations and display web pages using web viewer objects. You will learn how to create different types of reports, including; sub-summary reports and crosstab reports. You will also become familiar with two techniques for portal sorting, more advanced scripting techniques, how to implement custom menus and how to create user records and store preferences in a user table.

November 20th & 21st in Toronto - October 23rd & 24th in Ottawa

Testimonials from participants:

“I feel like I got even more than expected out of this course. I am excited to go back and apply everything I learned to my own database now. I feel 100% more prepared to develop in FileMaker than I was when this course began. Thanks!” - Shannon Mahony

“I recently attended CoreSolutions FileMaker Pro training in Toronto and would like to say that it was the best computer training I have taken in my career. I would highly recommend CoreSolutions FileMaker training. The training was practical and provided me with dozens of time saving FileMaker Pro database skills and concepts. The course has already saved me hours of development time and effort.” - Andy Lubczynski

Who will benefit from these classes:

1) People who use FileMaker Pro 9 for basic database operation, and want to increase their productivity.

2) People who use FileMaker Pro 9 to develop custom applications and want to take them to the next level.

3) People who already use FileMaker Pro and want to upgrade and learn the latest techniques in Version 9.

4) People who plan on becoming a FileMaker 9 Certified Developer and need a refresher.

# # #

To learn more about the FileMaker Training Series classes offered by CoreSolutions, or to sign up, please visit the following link:

http://www.coresolutions.ca/filemaker/FileMaker-Training-Series.php

JoAnne Nicholls

Training Coordinator

CoreSolutions Development Inc.

1 (800) 650-8882

[email protected]

This topic is 5699 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.