Server Maintenance This Week. ×

After 10.5.5 upgrade, Client can see server, but no Available Files

This topic is 5695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm running filemaker server 9v3 on mac os x 10.4.11. I have clients running both OS X (regular) 10.5.4, and OS X Server 10.5.4. I just upgraded these clients to 10.5.5, and to FileMaker Advanced 9v3.

After this upgrade, one of my clients (the one running OS X Server 10.5.5) can still see the Filemaker Server (e.g. it shows up in the "Hosts" list when you choose "open remote") but it can no longer see any databases to open (e.g. the "Available FIles" list is blank). Another machine running OS X 10.5.5 (normal) plugged into the same network on the same subnet can access the files just fine.

I thought perhaps it was a firewall issue, but turning off firewalls on both client & server machine did nothing. Tried rebooting both server & client just in case.

On the machine that can't see the files, I have both FM 9 and FM Advanced 9 installed -- both behave the same way: the fm server shows up in the Hosts box, but no Available files are visible. This machine also has several user accounts (both admin and non-admin) and it behaves the same for both.

On the fm server admin, Filemaker server / Database Server / Security / File Display filter is set to "List all Databases" (I've not changed this setting).

Note: the one unusual thing I'm doing is using OS X Server 10.5.5 to run a FileMaker Client -- can anyone out there confirm that FMA9v3 actually works on OSXServer10.5.5 ?

Help! Any ideas how to debug this?

Sounds like this is a known bug: In a nutshell, any FM install after Sep 22, 2008 will corrupt the SSL certificate. Workarond is to disable SSL (yuck) or copy a good copy of the SSL cert.

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/198157

This topic is 5695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.