Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server not Visible in Localhost Tab

This topic is 5687 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a small system. FM Server 9 (9.0.3.326) running on one machine sharing 20 .fp7 files.

If I run FM 7 on this machine and select "Open Remote" using the "Local Hosts" from the pull-down, the server (name STPI) shows up fine and I can see the files.

If I go to another machine running FM 7 and select "Open Remote" using the "Local Hosts" from the pull-down, the server does not even show up.

Server is running 10.5.5 and other client is running 10.4.11. Both clients are 7.0v3 and are on the same subnet. If I manually type in the IP address of the server, I can see it, but, I'm trying to get this to work by just using the "Name" that I defined in the server setup (STPI).

If I go to another machine running FM 7 and select "Open Remote" using the "Local Hosts" from the pull-down, the server does not even show up.

Be sure that Port 5353 is not blocked for this machine. And be sure that the machine really is on the same subnet as the server.

Steven

Be sure that Port 5353 is not blocked for this machine. And be sure that the machine really is on the same subnet as the server.

Steven

I'm absolutely sure about the subnet as I created the network and have been running it this way with all static IPs for 10+ years. Every machine on the network is 10.20.2.xxx.

As for blocking, there are no firewalls enabled and no routers in between; just a passive hub. I'll see if I can figure out how to check the port through the OS though.

This topic is 5687 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.