FTPit Pro 2.0 Released

This topic is 5600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

COMM-UNITY NETWORKING SYSTEMS RELEASES FTPIT PRO 2.0, A FILEMAKER PRO PLUG-IN.

Fort Worth, TX, October 27, 2008 -- Comm-Unity Networking Systems releases FTPit Pro 2.0 for FileMaker® Pro. FTPit Pro is a FileMaker 7+ rewrite of our Classic FileMaker 6 FTPit plug-in. With this plug-in you can transfer files, text, and entire directories to and from your computer using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) all from within FileMaker Pro. This is the first public 2.0 release of FTPit Pro and is available immediately at http://ftpitpro.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS® X and Windows®.

Description

FTPit Pro is a FileMaker Pro 7+ plug-in that uses FTP to transfer files to and from your computer. It is compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.9+ and any version of Windows that FileMaker Pro 7+ runs on. Use it to upload static web pages to a website, download database upgrades from a centralized server, or write a complete FTP client within FileMaker Pro itself. You can transfer text directly to or from fields in your database, and you can upload files that reside in container fields. The Server Edition of FTPit Pro allows you to install and use the plug-in with FileMaker Server and Server Advanced. With the Server Edition, you can now do things like transfer database backups to an offsite server directly from the FileMaker Server machine or use the plug-in with an Instant Web Publishing database you've developed. Download a copy today to explore the many features of this plug-in.

What's New (updates from the last beta)

• First public release of FTPit Pro 2.0
  • Fixed an issue with Developer Passwords.
  • Fixed issues with using ".." in ChangeLocalDir.
  • Fixed an issue with IsConnected where it could incorrectly report that the plug-in was connected.
  • Fixed an issue with listing empty remote directories.

Pricing and Availability

The plug-in is available immediately at http://ftpitpro.cnsplug-ins.com/ for both Mac OS® X and Windows®.

If you find the plug-in useful, you can purchase it from our website using the "Purchase (Prices)" link at the top of every page (in the gray area).

A 1-User License for the client version of FTPit Pro is $65. To use the Server Edition of FTPit Pro, you will need to purchase at least a 10-User License. A 10-User License is $319. There are several other price points on the purchase page for the plug-in.

If you own an existing license of Classic FTPit, you can upgrade for free or for 50% to 25% off depending on the original purchase date of your Classic FTPit license. If you purchased Classic FTPit anytime between 4/27/08 and 10/27/08, the upgrade is completely free. You will need a new license Key to use FTPit Pro, however. Please email us to receive your new License Key. If you purchased between 10/27/07 and 10/27/08, you can upgrade for 50% off the price. If you purchased prior to 10/27/07, or if you are unsure when you purchased, please email uus for an upgrade quote.

If you purchased an FTPit Pro license during our beta period, the upgrade is completely free. All you need to do is download the latest version and install it. It will import your current registration and settings

All prices subject to change without notice. Review copies for article write-ups available upon request. Please contact us at [email protected] if you are interested in reviewing the plug-in.

Contact

Comm-Unity Networking Systems

6560 Lake Worth Blvd. Ste. 300

Fort Worth, Texas 76135

Phone: 817-238-1688

Email: [email protected]

Web: http://www.cnsplug-ins.com/

• 2 months later...

I downloaded FTPit just now, but could not get it to work with FileMaker 10 -- I don't know if this is due to a compatibility issue, or (more likely, I think) if I simply do not understand how to get it to work.

I've copied the named file into the "Extensions" directory and I'm able to load the sample FP7 file, and I can view the "functions list" with instructions for each function -- but when I go to the "examples" tab and select the example for "download a file," I just get a series of broken-picture icons and a message that says "In-depth documentation will be available shortly." I get the same result at http://examples.cnsplug-ins.com/print.htm?id=Zgl7lyTM.

Alas, it's 4pm PST (6pm CST) on Friday, so I assume that the soonest I'll get any reply is Monday.

I really can't tell whether this is a product that I might be able to use.

The (scant) documentation for FM 10 identifies an "Open URL" script step, and claims to support ftp, but there is no further explanation and no hint on how a user name & password might be transmitted; and the documentation says that the command will use "the user's web browser" or "the user's preferred email application" -- the implication is that this command simply "launches" a file, and does not allow access to the file from within FileMaker.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.