I messed up the start up script

This topic is 5675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OK - I'm a proper nob.

I have set several checks in the startup scrip for my solution, including one that checks for the application version. If it is not 'runtime' then it exits the application to avoid anyone reverse engineering my solution.

HOWEVER, I have messed up. I have deleted the safety step that allowed me to over-ride this. I have backed up my solution but not the 9 hours worth of work I did today.

Is there anyway i can 'break into' my solutions to cancel the startup script or edit it without the start up script executing and booting me out.

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please say there is. I am due to present this tomorrow.

Thanking you in every way possible for your help...

Al

Edited by Guest

The debugger is [color:red]one way to bypass an On Opens cript. There are others as well.

[color:red]A more important lesson from this episode is this: How did you manage to go for 9 hours of development work and NOT backup? Suppose you'd had a crash? Or that the On Open script had gone into an infinite loop? Backup work frequently.

Steven

This topic is 5675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.