new user...layout assistant problem

This topic is 8525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

When setting up a report with the layout assistant, is it possible to re-open the assistant to review all the settings.? It took a couple of tries to get a sort/ report working. Now I have to recreate it. I did not record all the wizard settings. I do not see all the settings in the pull-down menus.

You cannot use the assistant to review your setting, but it is still easy to do. Try running the script, then doing refind (command-R on a Mac) and note what fields are being searched and what are being omitted. Then invoke the Sort command and note what fields are being sorted and in what order. If you are still learning about reports, take a look at the report layout also and study what fields are in which layout parts.

If it is all new to you, I recommend an evening read of the FileMaker manual to familiarize yourself with all of this terrific software's aspects. Don't choke. It is a very good and easy read. Don't try to memorize it, but do get familiar. Then when you have come to something you need to solve, the old brain will at least give you a "hey, I think I saw that in the manual" ping.

For even more detail, make good use of the Help system on your computer. It is full of good stuff.

Good luck and enjoy your FileMaking.

This topic is 8525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.