Insert Portal Row

Jamie Tougas

This topic is 8147 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is their an easy way to insert a new record in a portal inbetween existing records? I have a layout with a portal that shows 22 rows and the users want to be able to insert a blank row in the middle of existing records in the portal. The portal is currently unsorted, so the records show in creation order. What I want to do is like the insert row command in a Microsoft Excel WorkBook. Any ideas?

quote:

Originally posted by Jamie Tougas:

Is their an easy way to insert a new record in a portal inbetween existing records? I have a layout with a portal that shows 22 rows and the users want to be able to insert a blank row in the middle of existing records in the portal. The portal is currently unsorted, so the records show in creation order. What I want to do is like the insert row command in a Microsoft Excel WorkBook. Any ideas?

I am not aware of any way to do this, at least not off the top of my head. There are processes for shifting rows up and down, and these are described by Rich Coulombre in his book in the chapter on "Dumb Portal Tricks". The book, Special Edition Using FileMAker Pro, is available from Amazon.

HTH

Old Advance Man

This topic is 8147 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.