File is suddenly locked

SuzWriter

This topic is 5618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

I thought I posted this earlier today, but I don't see it anywhere.

Sometime in the past year and a half, I was using a file to test password protection. It never seemed to work right and I gave up. For the past year, i have had no problem accessing the file. Then suddenly today, it won't let me into the file. It is asking for user ID and password. I have tried all the likely suspects but cannot get into the file. I haven't done anything that should have caused this and the file won't open on either of my two MACs.

I use Leopard, not Tiger, but for some reason the post is not showing that correctly.

Help me if you can. I really need to get into the file.

Edited by Guest

Well you really cannot delete the [Full Access] Account if it is the only one remaining.And if you were to do so, you wouldn't be able to open the file!

In the File Options area in the menus, simply tell the file to open using whatever credentials you would like to use.

I don't know what is in this file, but if it fell into unauthorized hands, would you want it to open automatically? Using an Account Name and password you can remember is probably a better idea.

Steven

• Newbies

Steven

Well I really don't understand this situation. After requiring the user name and no password as you indicated a few times, the file is now opening fine again without anything.

I am not clear what, if anything, I need to reset.

And to answer your question; it doesn't need to be protected. No one has access to my files and none of my other FM files are password protected.

Thanks again for the help.

Suz

This topic is 5618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.