FM Pro 10 vs Advanced 10

mibauer

This topic is 5584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I started using FM about 2 years ago with my new job. I still feel like I don't know too much about it. We currently run FM 8.5 Advanced. I have a free upgrade to Pro 10 but not Advanced. Are there going to be some major things missing from my app if I upgrade from 8.5 Advanced to 10 Pro? Thanks for your help!

Short answer, "Yes." But since you have 8.5 Advanced, you should be able to compare it to FileMaker Pro, and see. If you are using any of the Advanced features now, such as Script Debugger, Custom Functions, etc., then you would not have them unless you upgraded to FileMaker 10 Advanced; why don't you do that?

Personally I think Script Debugger is useful even for beginners. It does matter which level you are at, being able to run scripts and see the results, one step at a time, is the best way to learn (what you're doing wrong :P-).

Thanks for the info - that is what I figured. I am waiting to see if I am eligible for a trade up to Advanced. Money is a little tight at the moment (like everywhere) so I may have to hold off the upgrade all together if I go to advanced.

Thanks!

Michelle

This topic is 5584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.