Sign in to follow this  

Cross Referencing

I am new to FileMaker and have imported my Bento database across successfully. Essentially what I have is a database of food ingredients (the main record name being the ingredient name). Within each ingredient is another data field called 'related ingredients'. Within this field is a list of ingredients that are compatible with the main record name ingredient. For example:

Ingredient Name: garlic

Related Ingredients: arugula

and so on...

There are over 600 ingredients (record names) in the database, fully cross-referenced.

I am having a problem with FileMaker in that I can't get it to search for multiple things at once like I can in Bento.

For instance, in Bento, I can type in the search bar 'lemon garlic parsley' and it will spit out a list right away that shows only the ingredients (record names) in the database which share all of those three 'related ingredients' in common.

I am hoping someone can help me with either an existing template that already does this, or point me in the right direction to create a new one which will allow me to display a list of common ingredients in response to the entry of multiple search criteria, the same way I can in Bento.

Thanks in advance for anyone was has the answer to my problem!