Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMSA10 and Vista Ultimate

This topic is 5555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have installed FMSA10 on Vista Ultimate, but the admin console won't start successfully. I have cleared the Java cache, have only Java u7 (not 11) running. After numerous reinstalls and restarts have had no luck. Has anyone had any success installing Server 10 Advanced on Vista Ultimate? The specs say Vista Business is the "minimum" requirement, so as Ultimate exceeds this it should work.

as anyone had any success installing Server 10 Advanced on Vista Ultimate? The specs say Vista Business is the "minimum" requirement, so as Ultimate exceeds this it should work.

Hi and welcome to FMF. Where did you see that? The specifications page doesn't mention Vista Ultimate that I can see.

Is that OS 64 bit or 32 bit?

Steven

Thanks Steven.

Correct, it does not mention Vista Ultimate, but at https://store.filemaker.com/product/viewfamily/family/FMSA (see below) it does mention that Vista Business is one of the "minimum" requirements ( I also saw it elsewhere but can't find right now).

I guess Ultimate then is subject to the last line: "The software may also work with later versions certified by FileMaker, Inc." where the "may" in this case means that it won't.

Strange to let it work with Business but not Ultimate though.

FileMaker Server 10 Advanced supports these operating systems:

Mac:

Windows:

* Windows Vista Business SP1

* Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SP1

* Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2

For additional system requirements, please visit:

FileMaker Server and Server Advanced Tech Specs

Versions stated are the minimum requirement. The software may also work with later versions certified by FileMaker, Inc.

This topic is 5555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.